Technical Specialist - DBA
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Competitive Salary
The purpose of the role of the Technical Specialist - DBA is to act as a point for escalation for the 'back of house' database technology and corporate systems. The role holder will be required to drive connecting appropriate 'back of house' technology to deliver customer solutions and service satisfaction.
The Technical Specialist - DBA works collaboratively to resolve outstanding incidents, problems and requests which have been escalated from the Service Desk team and in the implementation of Projects.
The core domain of this role is the integration of technology and systems covering the below (not an exhaustive list) in order to deliver a slick and liked yet secure service with great employee experience:
- SQL Reporting Services, SSIS, SSRS
- SQL security and malware avoidance
- Netsuite Data Migration
- Identity management / device access controls including multi-factor authentication via on-site and remote access
- Single Sign-on/SAML
- BI / MI
- Database Encryption
- Day-to-day responsibility for the maintenance of Huntswood's databases and managing third party organisations that could deliver some of the work.
- Troubleshooting issues and problems with the database servers to the successful identification; implementing well thought-out corrective and
- preventive actions.
- Day-to-day monitoring of database usage and growth.
- Produce regular MI and reports on database use, growth and status.
- Produce professional and efficient SQL code and reports as requested by the business.
- Database design and build where necessary as part of a project team, dealing with all levels of the business.
- Support solution design from a data and database perspective.
- Gain agreement for and deliver data integrity, data security and data loss prevention solutions
- Pro-actively manage the agenda for technology & systems improvements in the Corporate domain.
- Continue to review and improve the technology solution or knowledge base allowing issues to be fixed on first touch and minimising client downtime.
- Ensure that identified issues and problems are descriptively logged and kept up to date on Huntswood's call logging system.
- Ensure IT projects are progressed professionally and in a timely manner, ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Track record of providing services in a multi-site, 1000+ seats context
- Experience with MS SQL Server (2008/2012/2014/2016) and upgrading live databases
- Experience using TSQL, SSIS & SSRS
- Experience Implementing & Supporting High Availability/ DR & Database Encryption
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in performance tuning and optimisation from database and OS point of view
- Experience in Corporate BI (Tabular BI semantic model, advanced analytics and reporting, in-memory analytics engine, advanced data mining)
- Experience of working with SQL Server Analysis Services, high availability database solutions other than SQL Server, ETL processes
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with source control systems e.g. TFS
- Knowledge of Windows server and Active Directory
- Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all aspects of database management.
- Ability to speak confidently with senior stakeholders, as well as talk "techy" with DevOps teams.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory.
- An out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for IT and how information technology and new technology can be used to improve Huntswood.
- Experience of large and small technology change projects within a fast paced and demanding corporate culture.
- Capable of taking a holistic approach to IT security, data protection and new initiatives such as GDPR balancing the need for the business system
- owners to manage their risks rather than emasculating functionality
- Experience of NetSuite data migration
- Experience of other DBMS : MySql , MariaDb, Postgresql
- Knowledge of NetSuite SOAP and REST API
- Knowledge of Javascipt/PHP code
- Be able to demonstrate an expert understanding of the major Microsoft packages namely Microsoft Windows and Office, including licencing and
- cloud services
- Any of the following IT qualifications; CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), MCSA SQL
- Experience of working with applications such as; Aptean Respond, Epicor ERP, Microsoft Dynamics, Jira, Cherwell, Microsoft Sharepoint
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud (Azure, Office 365)
- Experience with Tableau Business Intelligence (BI) or equivalent dash boarding software
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX Server
- Experience of working with ISO27001:2013 onwards
- Good project management skills
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Full and clean driving license
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required