Head of Compliance and MLRO
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £120,000 to £140,000 per annum
Our client, a leading digital bank, has an immediate opening for a Head of Compliance and MLRO to join the business and lead the compliance function.
The Head of Compliance and MLRO will work with the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team, ensuring that they are informed of any developments in compliance requirements that affect the business as well as fostering a culture of compliance throughout the business.
The Head of Compliance and MLRO's responsibilities will include;
- Implementation of the annual compliance monitoring plan to identify, document and mitigate compliance risks associated with the business
- Conduct on-going reviews of the firms' procedures, systems and controls to ensure that they meet current regulatory and audit requirements
- Assessment of money laundering and compliance risks of any new products and services including the sign off process
- Ensuring that compliance governance and controls reflect industry practise and regulatory requirements
- Production of monthly compliance and anti-money laundering reports
- Working with the Chief Risk Officer to investigate and resolve any potential breaches of regulation
- Reporting of any suspicious activity to the National Crime Agency
The successful applicant;
- Must be acceptable to the regulator to undertake a 'Controlled Function'
- In-depth experience in leading compliance and anti-money laundering functions
- Previous experience of driving the compliance agenda throughout an organisation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of financial services, retail banking, digital banking or payments
If you demonstrate the required skills and experience for this position and wish to learn more than please apply.
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required