General Insurance Sector Lead
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive Salary
The purpose of the Sector Lead role is to ensure that Huntswood has the credibility, exposure and relationships across the necessary breadth of clients required within each sector to ensure that new business sales targets are achieved.
The General Insurance Sector Lead is expected to fulfil the sales and business development duties of a Senior Client Partner, with the added responsibility to develop, deliver and the execute Huntswood's general insurance go-to-market strategy.
Working closely with the Director of Business Development, Head of Financial Services, wider CCO teams and the delivery MD's, the General Insurance Sector Lead plays a key role in informing and implementing the sales strategy within general insurance. They play a pivotal role providing feedback on the performance of our sales team, market needs and client perception.
The General Insurance Sector Lead needs to have an in-depth knowledge of contemporary and upcoming market opportunities within the sector, coupled with expertise of Huntswood's core service offerings and therefore be able to confidently and competently explore business generation opportunities with clients.
- Responsible for delivering on new business development targets within the general insurance sector
- Lead and develop the account and sales pursuit teams to achieve clear goals and significant business development opportunities within the sector.
- Line management and development of Client Partners through formal 1:1s, coaching and development to ensure that new business opportunity development and revenue targets are met
- Collaborate with the wider CCO function and each of the Business Units to support a range of business development activities, such as:
- Sector specific sales and marketing plans
- Sector specific sales campaigns
- Development of sales and marketing collateral
- Event and hospitality planning
- Client meetings will form a large part of the role, so it is critical that these are used as a platform for ongoing relationship building and subsequent business winning opportunities.
- Sector specific strategy and account planning - ensuring a clearly defined sales and marketing strategy aligned to the general insurance market and Huntswood's core offering; accompanied by a general insurance sector plan with structured account objectives and contact strategy. Account plans need to be in place for all key clients with focused intelligence and strategies deployed to win new business.
- Preparation -proactively research the client company, industry issues and individual prior to the meeting to ensure that the meeting is as productive as possible. This is demonstrated through the creation of meetings plans for all meetings.
- Client Engagement - the Client Partner shall, ahead of each meeting, ensure that either an e-mail has been sent or a telephone call has been made to the client to ensure there is mutual understanding as to the purpose of the meeting. Equally, there is an expectation that the Client Partner follows up on the meeting with the client within 48hrs with a similar type of communication to ensure more focused meeting notes are captured in CRM.
- Knowledge -have a comprehensive understanding of every part of Huntswood and be able to discuss case studies that give examples of the work completed by each function.
- All meetings must be recorded using the CRM database and key points should be shared through the relevant part of the business. The outputs must be proactively shared to ensure qualified intelligence is fed back into the marketing and sales cycle.
- Relationship building - facilitating further meetings with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Be seen as a proactive employee focused on driving the business of Huntswood forward, developing new business and putting the interests of the team first.
- Lead the lifecycle of high profile opportunities - supporting Commercial, the Business Unit Leads and pitch teams to produce high quality, compelling proposal / tender documents and client presentations.
- Drive business improvements internally and contribute actively to the Marketing & Business Development strategy.
- A genuine desire to develop and manage others
- Team player who puts the interest of the team first
- Can evidence sales success linked to relationships at all levels (Head of, Director Level & CXO) from key accounts
- Excellent business acumen with a track record in B2B solution selling
- Ability to spot market opportunities and turn the opportunities into profitable revenue
- Effective planning and structured working towards agreed objectives
- Self-starter, motivated by targets with a willingness to travel
- An enquiring mind, with a keenness to research and understand market trends
- Knowledge and experience of working in professional services aligned to the general insurance sector
- Experience of managing remote teams
- Development and execution of sales strategy including identification of market issue, market size, capability assessment and route to market
- Network of influencers, buyers and decision makers at key firms within the specified sector
Huntswood employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required