Client Partners - Utilities, Banking, Pensions, Life & Wealth
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive Salary
Huntswood are seeking for Client Partners to join our growing Sales Team based in Reading.
A client partner's primary role is to deliver on new business generation financial targets, acting as a trusted business adviser to our clients (current and potential), and being seen as an ambassador for Huntswood at all times.
The client partner is required to strengthen existing client relationships and identify and foster compelling relationships with new clients. This includes accountability for identifying new contacts within existing Huntswood clients and new clients within new territories, sectors or geographies.
Client partner(s) needs to have in-depth knowledge and expertise of Huntswood's core service offerings and be able to confidently and competently explore business generation opportunities with clients.
A client partner must work in close liaison with the rest of the teams within the marketing and sales cycle at Huntswood to ensure client meeting activity is focused on quality and aligned to propositions and market need/demand.
Ultimately, a client partner needs to continually generate new business development that converts into delivered engagements within the three core delivery teams.
* To develop new business for Huntswood through well qualified client meetings and a robust understanding of their needs.
* Client meetings will form a large part of the role for it is critical that the Client Partner uses these meetings as a platform for on-going relationship building and subsequent business winning opportunities. Success within the role will come from key aspects:
Getting the right meetings:
* Market Intelligence and Proactive Oversight - ensuring a close and continuous oversight of the current regulatory climate, as observed by self and via the Head of Sales with a view to having a far better informed view of where the market is moving and the future landscape.
* Account planning and Strategy - having a clearly defined marketing and sales cycle with accompanying target lists. Account plans need to be in place for all key clients with focused intelligence and strategies deployed to win new business.
* Team Player - the client partner must be seen as a trusted business adviser both externally with clients but also internally, in particular fostering strong relationships with the rest of the marketing and business development teams. The BDC team shall provide a wealth of market intelligence and qualified leads and it is incumbent upon the Client Partner to act upon this intelligence to drive new business.
* Preparation - The Client Partner must proactively research the client company, industry issues and individual prior to the meeting to ensure that the meeting is as productive as possible.
* Client Engagement - the Client Partner shall ahead of each meeting ensure that either an e-mail or telephone call has been put in to the client (current or potential) to ensure there is mutual understanding as to the purpose of the meeting. Equally, there is an expectation that the Client Partner follows up to the meeting with the client within 48hrs with a similar such communication to ensure more focused meeting notes are captured in CRM.
* Knowledge - The Client Partner must have a strong understanding of every part of Huntswood and be able to discuss case studies that give examples of the work completed by each function.
Post Meeting and Opportunity Development:
* Recording - All meetings must be recorded using the CRM database and key points should be shared through the relevant part of the business. The outputs of this must be pro-actively shared with the Head of Sales to ensure qualified intelligence is fed back in to the marketing and sales cycle.
* Relationship building - facilitating further meetings with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
* Opportunity Development - utilising the internal expertise to ensure that mutually beneficial business opportunities are explored and delivered.
Lead Generation and Referrals
* Act promptly on generated leads and ensure all referrals are passed internally to the relevant business unit heads.
* Be seen as a pro-active employee only focused on driving the business of Huntswood forward, developing new business and putting the interests of the team first.
* Play a pro-active role in Opportunity Review Meetings - either lead or deputise for the Commercial Manager.
Drive business improvements internally and contribute actively to the Marketing & Business Development strategy.
The right candidate will be/have:
* Team player, able to put the interest of the team first
* Able to develop effective relationships at all levels (Head of, D Level & CXO) both within and outside Huntswood
* Good business acumen with a track record in B2B solution selling
* Self-starter, motivated by targets with a willingness to travel.
* An enquiring mind, with a keenness to research and understand market trends.
To work with Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
* Confidential, reliable and genuine
* Dynamic, passionate and determined
* Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required