Senior Consultant - Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive Salary
Within Advisory, our key objective is to help firms raise standards thereby enabling them to safeguard their reputation, mitigate regulatory risk and drive better outcomes for their business and customers.
This person will be responsible for defining, designing and delivering solutions; day to day delivery of projects and for driving the sales pipeline/undertaking business development related activities.
This role requires expert knowledge of Utilities regulation (Financial Services regulatory knowledge is desired) and an ability to translate principle-based regulation into effective and practical business solutions.
The role duties include:
* Acting as an ambassador for Huntswood across the industry and lead on regulatory, client and industry stakeholder relationships.
* Delivery and management of solutions, including large/complex case management projects, continually reviewing, adapting and developing it in order to achieve the financial targets set out.
* Act as a Utilities mentor for the Advisory team as appropriate.
* Responsible for identifying, initiating and leading sales bids and other business development activities.
* Play an active role in account management with client organisations
* Maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders including CCO Team, Legal and resourcing.
* To be a specialist of the Utilities market within the Advisory team in the provision of Business Improvement Consultancy focusing on one or more of the following areas in the utilities sector: process re-engineering, organisational and / or people development, change management and IT systems deployment.
* Act as an advisory on large and complex case management projects.
* Delivery on financial and organisational targets in line with agreed targets.
* Development of good working relationships with other key stakeholders across the business to ensure a joined up and collaborative proposition.
* Continual development of the reputation of Advisory through diverse media including client meetings and networking, external publications, attendance at events.
* Line management responsibilities, (internal communications, and career and performance development).
The right candidate will have:
* Expert knowledge and experience in Utilities regulation related issues (knowledge of financial services regulation is desired).
* Comprehensive and detailed understanding of relevant regulatory bodies, including both current and emerging issues affecting firms and their approach to supervision.
* Experience of liaising at a senior level to form strong working relationships and facilitate the running of consulting projects.
* Broad knowledge of the utilities sector in the UK , including regulation, market and competitor activity and industry trends.
* Experience of translating operational requirements into delivery solutions.
* Excellent communicator with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
* Strong project and organisational skills.
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
* Confidential, reliable and genuine
* Dynamic, passionate and determined
* Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do forward your CV.
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required