Senior Advisory Consultant (Complaints)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive Salary
Huntswood are recruting a Senior Advisory Consultant (Complaints) to join our growing Advisory Services team. The role is based in Reading with UK travel.
Within Advisory, our mission is to provide trustworthy, value for money, Advisory services that drive better outcomes for our clients and their customers. To do this, we will;
* Demonstrate regulatory subject matter expertise, insights and practical advice in appropriate services and sectors
* Help drive the sales pipeline by creating opportunities for Advisory, Resource or Solutions through our excellence in delivery
* Add a competitive edge in Resourcing and Solutions
* Introduce Resource and Solutions to firms through Advisory "acorn" projects, and
* Pioneer the exploration into new areas of regulatory focus and conduct risk
We have a key USP in the market which offers an end to end approach across four 'service lines' (PBR/Remediation, Complaints, Digital, and Complaints) delivering and embedding a long-term compliant culture in line with the regulator's vision.
A Senior Consultant in the Complaints Service Line will support the Principal in designing and delivering Complaints key service offerings, which include (but are not limited to):
* Regulatory Business Standards Guidance on FCA Handbook chapters (COBS, DISP, COMP, etc.), and equivalents within Utilities market
* Complaints Target Operating Model reviews for Financial Services and Utility firms
* Design of full Target Operating Models for firms where the core components consist of: Complaint Handling Best Practice, Effective Oversight and MI, Vulnerable Customer processes, Root Cause Analysis, Quality Assurance, Training and Competency
* Design of individual components under the Target Operating Model
* Complaints training relating to components under Target Operating Model
* Learning and Development capability related to any / all of the above subjects
* Feed into and contribute to the implementation of the business plans for the Advisory Team and Complaints Service lines, in line with the Huntswood strategic objectives.
* Be an ambassador for Huntswood across the industry and lead on regulatory, client and industry stakeholders' relationships.
* Win contracts and lead teams in the provision of consultancy services across the spectrum of UK Retail Financial Services and other sectors as required.
* Take responsibility for the leadership, management, support and development of the projects.
* Be accountable for the quality of their output and wider client delivery.
* Meet standards for the Advisory Team on risk management, cost control and resource utilisation.
* Contribute to developing and sustaining the organisation as a leading Senior Consultant at Huntswood.
* Responsibility for compliance with internal controls
* Support other areas of the business to ensure collaborative working and achievement of company goals
* Deliver on financial and organisational targets in line with the agreed business plan which are to deliver as per the agreed Advisory Business Plan.
* Development of good working relationships with other internal key stakeholders within the business to ensure a joined up and collaborative proposition.
* Continuous development of the reputation of Advisory through diverse media including client meetings and networking, external publications, attendance at events.
* Ensure high levels of utilisation and seek to identify "land and expand" opportunities on current projects and in the wider market.
* To ensure staff are annually appraised and provide development opportunities in line with their own PDPs and the wider Advisory business plan and objectives.
The right candidate will have:
* Experience of working at a senior level within a complaints function.
* Experience of working for an Ombudsman would be advantageous.
* Expertise and knowledge in Retail Conduct Risk related issues.
* Full understanding of the FCA including both current and emerging issues affecting firms and its approach to supervision.
* A strong track record of consulting and problem solving in teams and on projects.
* Experience of liaising at a middle / senior level to form strong relationships and facilitate the selling of Advisory and Complaints projects.
* Good working knowledge of UK Retail Financial Services, including regulation, market activity, competitor activity and industry trends.
* Experience of translating operational requirements into delivery solutions.
* Excellent communicator with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
* Demonstrates management style which is motivational and inspiring to members within the business unit and showing a commitment to the vision and strategy of Huntswood.
* Strong project and organisational skills.
* Holder of Financial Services Qualifications would be advantageous.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent.
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
* Confidential, reliable and genuine
* Dynamic, passionate and determined
* Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required