Sector Leads - Utilities, Banking, Pensions, Life & Wealth
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive Salary
Huntswood are looking for Experienced Sector Leads across the following areas - Utilities, Banking, Pensions, Life and Wealth Sectors.
The purpose of the Sector Lead role is to ensure that Huntswood has the credibility, exposure and relationships across the necessary breadth of clients required within each sector to ensure that new business sales targets are achieved.
They are expected to oversee Huntswood's sales performance within the consumer credit sector, including the line management of account management and sales pursuit teams.
Working closely with the Director of Business Development, Head of Financial Services, wider CCO teams and the delivery MD's, the Consumer Credit Sector Lead plays a key role in informing and implementing the sales strategy within consumer credit. They play a pivotal role providing feedback on the performance of our sales team, market needs and client perception.
The Sector Lead needs to have an in-depth knowledge of contemporary and upcoming market opportunities within the sector, coupled with expertise of Huntswood's core service offerings and therefore be able to confidently and competently explore business generation opportunities with clients.
* Responsible for delivering on new business development targets within the specialist sector
* Lead and develop the account and sales pursuit teams to achieve clear goals and significant business development opportunities within the sector.
* Line management and development of Client Partners through formal 1:1s, coaching and development to ensure that new business opportunity development and revenue targets are met
* Collaborate with the wider CCO function and each of the Business Units to support a range of business development activities, such as:
o Sector specific sales and marketing plans
o Sector specific sales campaigns
o Development of sales and marketing collateral
o Event and hospitability planning
* To develop new business for Huntswood through well qualified client meetings and a robust understanding of their needs.
* Client meetings will form a large part of the role, so it is critical that these are used as a platform for ongoing relationship building and subsequent business winning opportunities.
* Sector specific strategy and account planning - ensuring a clearly defined sales and marketing strategy aligned to the consumer credit market and Huntswood's core offering; accompanied by a consumer credit sector plan with structured account objectives and contact strategy. Account plans need to be in place for all key clients with focused intelligence and strategies deployed to win new business.
* Team Player - the Sector Lead must be seen as a trusted business adviser both externally with clients but also internally, in particular fostering strong relationships with marketing, business development and wider delivery teams. The wider CCO function will provide qualified leads and it is incumbent upon the Sector Lead to ensure that this intelligence is acted upon by Client Partners in order to drive new business.
* Preparation -proactively research the client company, industry issues and individual prior to the meeting to ensure that the meeting is as productive as possible. This is demonstrated through the creation of meetings plans for all meetings.
* Client Engagement - the Client Partner shall, ahead of each meeting, ensure that either an e-mail has been sent or a telephone call has been made to the client to ensure there is mutual understanding as to the purpose of the meeting. Equally, there is an expectation that the Client Partner follows up on the meeting with the client within 48hrs with a similar type of communication to ensure more focused meeting notes are captured in CRM.
* Knowledge -have a comprehensive understanding of every part of Huntswood and be able to discuss case studies that give examples of the work completed by each function.
* All meetings must be recorded using the CRM database and key points should be shared through the relevant part of the business. The outputs must be proactively shared to ensure qualified intelligence is fed back into the marketing and sales cycle.
* Relationship building - facilitating further meetings with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
* Be seen as a proactive employee focused on driving the business of Huntswood forward, developing new business and putting the interests of the team first.
* Lead the lifecycle of high profile opportunities - supporting Commercial, the Business Unit Leads and pitch teams to produce high quality, compelling proposal / tender documents and client presentations.
* Drive business improvements internally and contribute actively to the Marketing & Business Development strategy.
The right candidate will have:
* A genuine desire to develop and manage others
* Team player who puts the interest of the team first
* Can evidence sales success linked to relationships at all levels (Head of, Director Level & CXO) from key accounts
* Excellent business acumen with a track record in B2B solution selling
* Ability to spot market opportunities and turn the opportunities into profitable revenue
* Effective planning and structured working towards agreed objectives
* Self-starter, motivated by targets with a willingness to travel
* An enquiring mind, with a keenness to research and understand market trends
* Knowledge and experience of working in professional services aligned to the consumer credit sector
* Experience of managing remote teams
* Development and execution of sales strategy including identification of market issue, market size, capability assessment and route to market
* Network of influencers, buyers and decision makers at key firms within the specified sector
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required