Management Accountant (Part Time)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive Salary
We currently have an exciting new opportunity within our commercial finance division on a part time basis.
Management Accountant (Part Time: 30 hours per week)
The purpose of the role is to ensure effective and efficient preparation of the company's management accounts. In addition, to provide accurate and informative reporting of the company's performance for the purposes of the Board including assisting in the production of monthly Board reports. The role will also involve working closely with the Head of Commercial Finance to ensure depth of knowledge and experience within the department.
This role would be ideal for somebody looking to take their first steps to owning a month end close process and influence the design and imminent implementation of a new ERP system.
The role will have one direct report and will work closely with the other members of the Finance team.
- Management & maintenance of the general ledger, including cost centres
- Ensure monthly close is accurate and on time
- Issue timely and accurate monthly financial statements
- Project Revenue/Margin tracking & reporting
- Production of Board reports
- Internal project tracking
- Ensure all vendor invoices are recorded accurately
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Fixed asset management
- Annual bonus & commission calculations
- Assisting in year-end audit
- Headcount tracking & reporting
- Quarterly reconciliation of supplier rebate calculations
- Manage and mentor x1 direct report (Finance Analyst)
- Ad hoc support to the Head of Commercial Finance
- Qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA with experience in a commercial environment
- Able to demonstrate close attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills (advanced Excel is essential)
- Good knowledge of VAT and corporation tax.
- Possess good knowledge of management accounts production and system interrogation.
- Have a logical, structured approach to allow clear presentation of information
- Experience working with NetSuite would be advantageous
- Previous experience of working in a fast-growing Professional Services or Recruitment business.
- Experience in migrating to a new finance system
- Experience with using Microsoft FRX software
- Previous exposure to SQL
- Staff management experience
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required