Account Director - Utilities Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive Salary
Hunstwood are looking for an ambitious Account Director for the Utilities Sector.
The overarching aim of Huntswood's Commercial Division is to effectively engage with our target audiences to achieve new business revenue targets. The Business Development team, which forms part of the Commercial Division, is responsible for sales and lead generation which includes; new client acquisition and growing revenue from expansions and new sales within existing client accounts.
The Account Director will be responsible for creating, delivering and executing a 3-5 year strategic growth plan within one or a number of Huntswood's flagship accounts within the utilities sector. The remit of the role will be to drive leads and create new business opportunities aligned to both operational and strategic, sophisticated solutions in order to protect and significantly grow revenue streams within the accounts.
Through collaboration with the Head of Utilities and the Utilities Sector Leads, the Account Director will play an influential role in market activity aligned to the Utilities Sector.
In addition, the role will include the line management of a business development account team consisting of Client Partners, as well as the leadership of a highly matrixed virtual Huntswood account team, promoting shared objectives, activity and momentum aligned to the growth plans within the flagship accounts.
* Account strategy and planning - develop a clearly defined marketing and sales strategy aligned to knowledge and understanding of the client and Huntswood's core service offering
* Develop a strategic roadmap and operational sales account plan for the accounts, leading a virtual Huntswood team of senior stakeholders aligned to the delivery of strategic objectives within the accounts
* Identify decision makers, budget holders and influencers throughout the accounts to develop relationships and drive sales opportunities
* Engage at all levels (Steering, Senior Leadership, CxO) of the client organisation - understanding strategic goals, large scale transformation activity and programme delivery objectives in order to plan and execute strategic deals aligned to sophisticated solutions
* Execute well qualified client meetings to develop a robust understanding of client needs
* Lead the collation and presentation of strategic plans and change business cases, linked to client requirements and Huntswood core services
* Support client specific solution development with a thorough understanding of their requirements, associated KPIs and delivery requirements
* Lead the end-to-end sales process within the account
* Supporting the bid management team, delivery functions and pitch teams to produce high quality, compelling proposal / tender documents and client presentations
* Collaborative working with the delivery functions to ensure pro-active engagement with clients throughout the delivery lifecycle, capitalising on extension / expansion / cross selling opportunities.
* Undertake an influential role in Huntswood's activity and reputation within the broader Utilities sector including engagement with trade bodies, networking, external publications, attendance / speaking at events
* Account development
* Associated metrics / KPI's as defined within the strategic account plans
* Business cases produced and presented linking strategic client requirements to Huntswood core services
* Account activity
* Ensuring account activity, sales strategy and core services are aligned to the evolving landscape, including strategic, operational, regulatory and market drivers
* Engagement levels within the account through marketing, thought leadership and nurturing of existing relationships
* Breadth, volume and quality of meetings within the account
* Business development targets
* Lead generation
* Material pipeline
* New business revenue
* Total account revenue
The right candidate will be/have:
* Comprehensive and detailed understanding of the utilities sector including regulation, current and emerging issues affecting firms and their strategic goals
* Ability to discuss large scale and complex transformational requirements to establish credibility, build relationships and understand client requirements to gain buy-in to build and present business cases for change
* Experience of engaging and influencing at senior levels (CxO) on business development and solution delivery assignments
* Experience of translating strategic and operational requirements into delivery solutions with relevant KPIs
* Proven experience of adopting account management methodologies to drive revenue growth - new sales and expansions of existing income streams
* A strong track record of achieving account growth targets within FTSE 100 organisations
* Excellent communicator with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders
* Strong project and organisational skills
* Holder of relevant qualifications
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
* Confidential, reliable and genuine
* Dynamic, passionate and determined
* Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Apply for this role
Fields marked * are required